Sunday, August 5, 2007

It's My Birthday and I'll iPod if I Want To

Oh, Frabjous Day!! I got an iPod!! Not a little Shuffle, or the Nano. No, I got the 5th Generation - 30 gb! Enough to hold years of CD's!

And in the blink of an eye, my life was magically transformed by the technology. Literally within a minute, I was listening a Quebequois folk song (sorry, my world music coming out again), checking out their website, when I found the lyrics to my beloved song. And then I was reading the words in my ears. Not that this in itself is extraordinary but it was the gob-smacking realization that this is how my kids are going to college. Why sit in a lecture when you can do everything from home? Or wherever you feel like it? I know, this is going on right now, but it's just the sign of things to come.

So now excuse me. The day is sparkling, my pile of discs to transfer is diminishing and I have a joyride to take.

No comments: