Monday, July 2, 2007

It's Been A While

Yeah, it sure has. I don't quite know why I don't post on my own blog but I have time to check out others.
I did finally get compensation for my car. I wasn't surprised that it took eight phone calls to get it. The most ironic call was to the previous lienholder on the car. I neglected to have them removed from my policy, the claim rep refused to wait until I could do so and so the first check was issued to the bank and me. The lienholder couldn't find me, my car or my loan in their system. Not a surprise since I've had nothing but trouble every single time I'm forced to deal with them. (The husband has all his accounts with them, but they won't deal with me since I'm not on any account.) I hate them. I really do.
And then there's the kids. Seems like every visit brings an additional seriously depressing diagnosis. The boy's now been diagnosed with: ADHD, ODD, CD, depression, Tourette's Syndrome, and now Non-Verbal Learning Disorder. That's the kicker for me. The more I read the info from the doc, the more heart-broken I become. All the others will disappear or become less severe (the Tourette's is a side-effect from the ADHD), but the NVLD is organic and will never go away. It's kind of like autism. His brain just doesn't have the white matter it should have to connect both hemispheres so it's like he's firing on four cylinders instead of eight. It explains a lot of what goes on but it doesn't make it easier to deal with.
I haven't had a lot of knitting time; by Create-Along has gathered dust. I got bored with mitering. I will finish it. I really will. Then I'll have it for next spring. In the meantime, I've banged out a summer bag I absolutely love. I found the rope for the strap at Home Depot and while I was there, I picked up a few packages of household twine for a new seat for my camp chair. It's a lot stronger than leftover Reynolds Saucy and at $2 for for 400', the price is right. I'm working that in my favorite seed stitch so it'll look the same front and back. It'll be like a hammock in summer concerts. I'll post pics when I'm done.

No comments: